Do I have to wait for my Apple watch to fully restore?

smile1fish

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
EDITED: Heading should have read ...Do I have to wait for my iPhone to fully restore before I can pair my apple watch...

Before I can re pair my Apple watch? I hope I didn't mess anything up...I started activating my new iPhone 10XS max, and before I put in wifi...I realized I hadn't unpaired my watch (series 3)...so I quickly unpaired it, but it said something to the fact that it wasn't sure if it totally unpaired. It looked like it did, because the screen to pair a new phone came up. Anyway, my new phone is in the process of reloading everything from iCloud, but it's functional, but it says it can't pair watch. Do I have to wait until fully restored? Thanks!

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
It’s always best to unpair your watch first, because the watch will then need to be erased from watch end and you don’t have a recent backup, if you forget to unpair. Kinda annoying.

Reactions: smile1fish

smile1fish

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2017
It’s always best to unpair your watch first, because the watch will then need to be erased from watch end and you don’t have a recent backup, if you forget to unpair. Kinda annoying.
Thank you. I realized that while I did unpair my watch from my old iPhone, I didn't do another iCloud backup...so that messed me up. I am starting fresh. Live and learn I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.