Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WWDC08

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Auto-Enrol

Applecare in retail stores is Auto Enroll, So it attaches itself to the machines serial number when it is all scanned through the system. So you don't need to do anythin with it, You should be able to confirm this by looking round the edges of the box and it will say Auto enroll on it somewheere. Hope i helped.
:)

Macsforcollege?

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2008
hey everyone.
I used the link and i put in my serial number and it was already registered. So it is true, once you buy it, it automaticall registers it.. Thanks for your help everyone!!!

ampmac

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
iPhone Auto-enroll

If it helps anyone else out who lands here - I bought my iPhone at the Apple store and was auto-enrolled there. To check it, I went to the registration page at AppleCare support. It has 2 fields: 1 for the agreement number and 1 for the serial number. In my case, the serial number was found on the box the iPhone came in. After an irritating time of digging around looking for a registration number - like the one that came on a card in the AppleCare box with my MacBook Pro - I found an "Agreement" number on the receipt from the Apple Store. And, sure 'nuff - the product had been registered. And that's all, she wrote.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
I always buy Applecare, but usually I wait until the 1 year warranty is nearly up. When I do buy it, I always call them and get it registered that way. Then I plug in my serial number on Apple's site to make 100% sure it is on there.

Just wanted to add one note about waiting that probably applies mostly to new users--- the disadvantage to waiting until the end of the one year hardware warranty is up is that while hardware support is warranteed for a year, phone support is only provided for the first 90 days you own your Mac. So if you need phone support in months 4-12 it is charged on a per incident basis (which last I heard was $49.99 per incident). Buying Applecare during the first 90 days of ownership extends the phone support right along with the hardware support so that no chargeable calls will happen.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Applecare in retail stores is Auto Enroll, So it attaches itself to the machines serial number when it is all scanned through the system. So you don't need to do anythin with it, You should be able to confirm this by looking round the edges of the box and it will say Auto enroll on it somewheere. Hope i helped.
:)

And the same thing happens if your order online from Apple and order AppleCare at the same time. In that case, you don't even get the box when your machine is delivered- but it already auto-enrolled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.