Do I lose my username if I cancel my MM trial?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Marquito, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Marquito macrumors newbie

Hi there
    My MobileMe trial is due to expire very soon. Do I lose my username if I cancel the trial or is there a period of grace to renew it? My problem is that I have the username I want but I do NOT want it to be myname@me.com. If I could have myname@mac.com I would subscribe immediately.

Basically, I'm living in hope that Apple/Steve Jobs will announce in Jan/Feb that the .mac address will be made available again and people will have the choice between .mac and .me addresses.

If this were to be the case - I would hate to lose my username.

Any suggestions anyone?

2. NickEm009 macrumors newbie

The whole poimt of the new .ME is because it makes the entire bundle sounds more friendly and personal, and that is why .MAC was cancelled. (As far as the name goes) I don't believe that there will be a choice and virtually none of the forums mention anything about .MAC coming back to life. Sorry!:apple:

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I still use my .Mac address. I thought this was available to all. I did have .mac prior to MM.

Somehow, I don't think this is even on their radar.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I would agree. If you want to keep the .Mac address, you better pony up the $$$ rather quickly. I don't think anyone can create .mac address anyone regardless of when you signed up.

5. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I am pretty sure you lose your name if you don't continue. I seem to recall that being a difference between .mac and mobile me.