Do I need 2 Mobile Me Accounts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miklovo, Jan 10, 2011.

1. miklovo macrumors member

Background: 2 iPhones (wife and I), 1 iPad, 1 MacBook Pro. I have 3 calendars setup in iCal and the other devices that I want to start sharing over the air.

Wife's got a work calendar, I've got a work calendar and we've got a "home" calendar.

Do I really need to buy the family pack of Mobile Me or can I use the single user pack just the same? She does not need any of the other features except to be able to share a calendar and have her calendar info "pushed" to mine and vise versa. So no email, storage, etc.....just to be able to share and edit all 3 calendars on all my devices.

Help please!! Thanks!!

2. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

You should be able to just use the one...It would be just like having several iOS devices. For example, I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad that both have MobileMe setup on there.

3. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

One MobileMe account will do the job fine. In fact, if you want to have access to each others calendars then it is easiest. I got the family pack, but only use one MobileMe account and have set my renewal to be a single version.

I use that single account to share my, my wifes, and a joint calendar, similar to your setup. The family pack is only needed if people don't want others to access their calendar or want to use other features.

You also will have the options of sharing contacts, which we find very useful. Everything only needs changing in one place.

4. miklovo thread starter macrumors member

thanks very much for your quick response!! I'm glad I can just score 1 account and be good to go.

thanks again!!