Do I Need 32 GB with iPhone 3G S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bildio, Jun 20, 2009.

1. bildio macrumors regular

I have a 16 GB 2G ipod touch. Currently using 2.0 GB of 16 GB. I plan to purchase the iPhone 3G S. I think 16 GB should be more than enough based on my ipod touch storage. I may take take some photos with the iPhone, & will take little or no videos. Even if I do take videos, I should be able to copy to PC for storage, correct?

Is 16 GB storage capacity close to equivalent (overhead) on ipod touch & iPhone?

2. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

It doesn't hurt. I had a 16GB 2G and 3G. I definitely was pushing max capacity with music and apps. Many times I could not sync photos because I ran out of room. I also had to opt to keep the video podcasts and so forth off as well.
    Now with 32GB I was able to add more playlists, photos, podcasts, tv shows, and a movie. I still have 5.9GB to spare. For the extra $100 it is worth having double capacity.

3. dagomike macrumors 65816

No, 32 GB is ridiculous. Basically the 32 GB (~30 GB) can hold almost 18 copies of The Dark Knight. It can hold over 19 hours of iPhone video. So, no, no reason to "need" 32. Of course, I bought the 32GB anyway, cause, you know, you never know. :cool:

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I had the 16GB 3G, got the 16GB 3G S. You could fill 32GB I'm sure, but really, with the slightest amount of management, 16GB is plenty. It was/is for me, anyway.

5. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

My 8 gig original iPhone always has less then 500 meg available. I am on vacation now and wanted to put movies and music on it for the trip but didn't have room. Having another 22 gig (29-7 available for both empty) will enable me to put more music selection and have room for movies/videos and to record video if I want.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I agree the 32GB is way over kill.
    So I go one for me and one for my son

7. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Yes. If it were more that 100 dollars probably wouldn't have done it but I must say it is nice to have 300 songs 6 full length movies and still have 20gigs left.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Some may have no need. But then why is there a 120GB iPod Classic? Because some want the capacity.
    I know a friend who got one yesterday and has 10GB left already. Get a movie or two on there, and you've got some space for recording an hour or two of video.

9. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I got the 16. Don't really need all the space.

10. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

well I was going to settle for the 16gb, but then I realized that I already have less than a gig of free space on my 3G iPhone. So I opted for the 32gb. I listen to numerous podcasts which take up space, and it's nice to sync photos on the phone to show people, especially with a baby coming in August. Now, I know I could just use picasaweb or mobile me gallery to store the photos and show people from the phone, but the experience is much faster when they are locally stored. I like having a lot of music on the phone. I do have a 4gb iPod nano, but sold my original iPod when I got the iPhone to consolidate devices.

And also with the video recording capability, I see myself having video on the phone. It all depends on what kind of user you might be.

11. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Though happy that I was to finally have a 32GB iPhone, unfortunately for me, 32GB still only represents a fraction of my music library. And I'm not even loading my iphone with digital copies of movies.

I'm hoping to see a 64GB next year, personally.