Do I need a Genious Appt to get an exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RC83, Jul 17, 2010.

1. RC83 macrumors 6502

I have a tiny bright white spot under my screen that shows up on a white screen. I would like to just get a replacement. I checked, and all reservations are taken for today at my "local" Apple which is about an hour away from me. Can I just go in without an appt?

2. outphase macrumors 65816

You can do a walk-in, but you're subject to the other reservations.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you bought from Apple and are within the return window, you can bring everything (box + accessories) in and exchange with an appt.

After the return window, you need to make a GB appt. Some stores will put customers w/o appt on a Stand By list where you wait around the store until someone w/ an appt no-shows, but that may be hours, and not all stores do that.

4. RC83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah man, I bought it from Best Buy, my 30 days is up next friday. Best buy has ZERO to exchange with.. Hmmm what to do, what to do..

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

Most Apple Stores are mega-packed on weekends - I wouldn't drive an hour w/o an appt. I'd sched a week night GB appt or give AppleCare a call.

6. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

They won't give you an appointment if you can't spell G-E-N-I-U-S properly. :eek: