Do I need a Genius bar appt to return the iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maximus831, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Maximus831 macrumors member

Just not feeling the new phone at all. I prefer the size of my 5s and cannot believe I am returning it. I have had every single iPhone made and cannot get used to the size of the 6 as I always use my phone with one hand. Anyways, do I need to make a reservation or can I just walk in and return the phone? Also, does anyone know if ATT will charge me for the 10 days of usage? Thanks guys!

2. boobie12 macrumors 6502

Just walk in and return. No appointment needed. Just have all the contents with you. Box and so on.

3. Maximus831 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! Does anyone know if ATT charges for the 10 days of usage?

4. JeepGC macrumors regular

I think they may prorate the charges, but I'm not certain. I'd probably check with them to make sure.

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I think they'll charge you for a full month. Call them though to verify.

6. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

No, genius bar is only for tech problems.Talk to sales person at the front of the store, no appt needed.

7. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Does Apple do have a no questions asked exchange within the 14 day return period? Will they have exchange units set aside for returns or is there a chance I'll have to wait for stock to come in in order to fulfill an exchange.

8. andyx3x macrumors 65816

What do you want to exchange it for?

9. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

No you can just walk in and do the return. If you are looking to do an exchange be prepared to stand in line. I had to stand in line yesterday to do an exchange and they had the phone I wanted in stock. So best make a reservation if you can. Just make sure they have the one you want in stock.

----------

I don't think so. I returned and exchanged mine yesterday resetting my AT&T Next, and I wasn't charged for the 10 days I have used it.

10. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Same exact phone/capacity. Would be willing to change color if they didn't have Space Grey in stock. Having issues with my 6 Plus camera, that's why.