Do I need a macbook ? Current ipad 2 user!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aibo82, Apr 22, 2011.

1. aibo82 macrumors 6502

Hi

I have had my ipad 2 a month and love it use it most times but also fall back to my old laptop of 4 years thats shot it!

I was originaly going to purchase a mackbook pro 15" high end and never considerd the iPad 2 do any of you guys use both?

I am a pc user love fast powerfull hardware and have always wanted to make the switch to mac osx! Also I find myself at times when ipads screen dont cut it and need a laptop for backup and files!

Thing is I dont know if this is a more of a want than a need and is just me adding to my fruit bowl! But it all looks very temtping!

Anybody offer any advise?

2. McGiord, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

The iPad is an accessory that forcefully needs a computer to be updated and to back it up and transfer files.
    If what you have is a 4 year old PC, then it sounds like it is time for you to get a new one.
    A MacBook surely is a great choice, it is up to your budget and needs to decide which one is the right model.
    Any of them can be connected to bigger screens as well as external Hard Disk Drives.
    Maybe a lower cost alternative, while you wait for the prices to go down or save money, and if you only want to use a bigger screen, try one of those video cables that allows you to connect the iPad to a big screen TV via HDMI ? Or AirPlay?
    The 13" is also decent and price wise might require a lower budget, you can connect it to a bigger screen.