Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I have read the size chart but have also read comments about the loop being too large.

I am at 195mm wrist. Seems like obvious Large.

Anyone needing a medium with a larger than stated wrist size?

If I order the band today, it will arrive weeks before the watch...so the 14 day return clock will start too early.

No Apple store close by.

barryblack

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
I have the same problem but my wrist is 185mm or so. I'm guessing the smaller one will fit but I don't want to have not enough slack. But I also don't want to get the larger one and have too much slack. I'm currently wearing a M/L sport band and usually have 2 or three extra holes. Any advice?

bgdrew

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2011
The band's shipping times are starting to really tighten up. I'd just wait till your watch shipped and place the order then. As it is now leather loops are in the 1-2 week estimate.

MarcW

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Maryland/DC
My wrist is 185 and I went with the large loop (delivered yesterday). Yes, it is a bit long and the end comes to just shy of the far end attachment to the watch if I have it pulled tightly. I chose the long for three reasons, none of which are huge, admittedly.

1) The more magnetic overlap there is, the more securely held it is.
2) The medium loop was actually much shorter and I just didn't like how the end of the strap was at the bottom of my wrist.
3) I don't want to have to undo the strap (pull the long end out of the opening in the short end) when I put the watch on and take it off. The long strap pretty much assures that I can open it up enough to do that.

Still, the long is indeed pretty long and, all in all, I would prefer something in between the two sizes, like the short side from one and long side from the other.

mncmoore

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
I have read the size chart but have also read comments about the loop being too large.

I am at 195mm wrist. Seems like obvious Large.

Anyone needing a medium with a larger than stated wrist size?

If I order the band today, it will arrive weeks before the watch...so the 14 day return clock will start too early.

No Apple store close by.

My wrist is 190mm. I got the large and this is where the band comes to.
11265970cd7df10d4fa7c38e95773780.jpg
d54b6a53cd25bff0594253daece82740.jpg

CaptCaveman

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
I've got 195mm wrists and the end of the leather loop comes to within about an inch of the watch. Leaves about 3 inches of overlapping magnets for a secure fit.

IMG_1326.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.