Do I need a power adaptor for Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by internetguy, Jan 10, 2013.

  1. internetguy macrumors newbie

    Dec 8, 2012
    i am from canada, if i travel to hong kong do i need a power adaptor for my iphone, macbook pro?

    or is the original power adaptor is interchangeable by itself?
  2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Aug 27, 2012
    Yes, Google, they use 220v BIG plug.

    If you have other electronics, probly cheaper just to buy a plug adapter, less than $10. That way u can use it for others.

    Second option is, buy dedicated iPhone HK transformer, gives u straight USB output off the plug.
  3. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

    Jul 6, 2010
    Guelph ON, Canada
    you will need an outlet adapter the macbook and iphone chargers accept 110/220v natively...the chargers wont fit in their outlets though so an adapter is needed, they are about 20bucks for one that does 90% of the world's standard outlets
  4. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

    Oct 15, 2012
    They use the same plug and voltage as we use in the U.K.
  5. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a


    Sep 19, 2011
    Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
    It depends. Check the rating on the power adapter. In Canada we use 110 Volts. In HK, they use 220 Volts. You will need an adapter converter as the pins are aligned differently. Any electronics store should sell those. Just let the guy know where you are travelling and he can recommend a power converter/adapter for you. I generally get mine from London Drugs.
  6. wxman2003 Suspended

    Apr 12, 2011
  7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

    Aug 27, 2012
    If u go now, you may still catch some of the building-tall Xmas decorations. Put New York, whatever city lights to shame. Take a REAL camera+Tripod.

Share This Page