iPhone X Do I need a screen protector on my X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Jun 17, 2018.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68030

I have an iPhone X on the upgrade plan, first one ever on this plan (I'm in UK). I have a few cases normally silicone back ones, and pouch.

I've had to remove my invisible shield back and front as were peeling. I've now fitted a Slickwrap on, and had fitted a Samar screen protector but it was awful feel and made the look of the screen so blurred so removed it.

So at moment just got the slickwrap on and no screen protector on, have to say the screen feels great and clear with no protector on. Always had screen protectors on my iPhones and looked after them really well.

So as this is an IUP iPhone that I will change up in Sep when new ones come out, do I really need a screen protector on? I'll still be careful with it, but is it ok to have none on and be a little scratched when trade in?

I'll probably keep in a pouch when in pocket, if I have to? Not sure on the condition you can trade in when upgrade as never done it.

Thanks

2. macher macrumors 65816

macher

I would without hesitation protect the back it’s a scratch magnet.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68030

Hopefully the slickwrap will though? If not you're right I'll put back on a MeidDevil protector or something.

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I chose to go with the IUP with my X and it’s the first phone I haven’t used a screen protector on. I just clean the screen every couple days with a microfiber cloth and it’s been fine. I do use a case to protect the back... In the past, I used to purchase my devices and use them for 2 years or more so protecting the screen seemed smart. The screen does feel and look much better with no screen protector on it that for sure.

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for that. I agree normally first thing I do is get a case and screen protector on!

I'm hoping the slickwrap keeps it decent on the back, I will go back to using silicone case, Apple leather as well though. What case do you use?

So do you just put your iPhone in your pocket with no screen protector on and how has it been? At the moment I'm still putting it in a pouch before putting in my pocket.

Thanks

6. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I’m using this case right now and it’s been excellent:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074CMMCZM/ref=psdc_3081461011_t2_B074319TRV
    I face the screen outward when it’s in my pocket. I know it sounds like it would be susceptible to impact damage that way but, I figure it rubs against the inside of the pocket less facing outward... I realize micro scratches are almost impossible to prevent but, I’m not the type that will use a flashlight and tilt the screen in every direction until I can find scratches that are otherwise unnoticeable

7. Closingracer macrumors 68040

No its not. As long as your not stupid with it

8. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

9. MrJM macrumors 6502

MrJM

It’s doesn’t have to be pristine when you return it. From the terms online:-

The financed phone must:-

Power on and hold a charge;
    Have an intact and functioning display;
    Have no breaks or cracks; and
    Have Activation Lock disabled (you may be asked to disable at the time of upgrade).

I upgraded last year from the 7 plus and they didn’t even check most of the above.

I stopped using screen protectors years ago, they are loads better without!