Do I need a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Sven11, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Sven11 Suspended

I have an iPhone X with an Apple silicone case. I’m wondering if I also need a screen protector even though I don’t really like them considering lots of people have them nowadays? That’s because I never manage to properly align them and no matter how much I clean the screen, there are always at least some particles on the screen regardless. Am I doing something wrong?

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

No, you don't but if you don't have apple care I would invest in one.

3. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

4. Sven11 thread starter Suspended

Actually I never shattered a single screen in a decade of using iPhones. I’m more worried about micro scratches. Not the small ones but the ones that are actually visible.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 29, 2018 ---
    Do they have a clean room or something?

5. Relentless Power, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If you are someone that’s concerned about scratches, then I would suggest a screen protector. What can happen, is minor scratches can accrue on the oleophobic coating, The only way to conceal them is with the screen protector.

Apple is trained to install screen protectors at the Apple store, but it doesn’t mean that dust can’t get trapped under the display when they install the protector. They do clean the display however before they apply the screen protector.

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

Ta0jin

Then I'd recommend getting one. You don't need one but having screen protection of some sort is like having phone insurance. Do you need it? No, but if something happens you'll be kicking yourself if you didn't get it.