Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sahni130

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hello, friends,

I was thinking about buying an iPod shuffle to listen to music while walking around campus and other random places. i already have an iPod classic that I use with an FM transmitter to listen to music in my car. I also have an iPhone 4 but obviously that's reserved mainly for calls, texts, and emails. I always carry my iPhone with me and the classic mainly stays in the car or on my alarm clock dock in my room and it's too heavy to carry around with 50 other things I have to carry haha. I could use the iPhone to listen to music but I'd rather not waste my battery as I barely make it through the day with my usage. The iPod shuffle is $50, which is relatively inexpensive.....i could just cut down on eating out for a week to make up for it. I'm not the typical broke college student because I live in Georgia which through the HOPE scholarship, college is free for me. Basically, I have the money to buy the Shuffle but I'm wondering if I really need it.

Thanks!,
Jay

gorjan

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2009
CPH
As the poster above me wrote, you don't need it. I get in that mood sometimes too, to use money just because you can. Between a iPod Classic and iPhone 4, you really don't need a shuffle. Maybe you should buy pants with bigger pockets/a backpack/bag to fit your Classic in stead of buying a shuffle? :eek:

sahni130

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
As the poster above me wrote, you don't need it. I get in that mood sometimes too, to use money just because you can. Between a iPod Classic and iPhone 4, you really don't need a shuffle. Maybe you should buy pants with bigger pockets/a backpack/bag to fit your Classic in stead of buying a shuffle? :eek:

hahaha I really just wanna buy one though. Common sense and you guys are convincing me otherwise!

soph

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I use my oldish nano for outdoor sports like jogging and walking, otherwise boring exercise. Music makes it bearable and so actually helps me doing it more often :)
Bigger iPods are rather awkward when in exercise dress.

Other than that I don't see much reason for another iPod. For myself that is :)

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
If you've got the money, buy what makes you happy. It helps the economy. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.