do I need bootcamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by crkirkwood, Apr 19, 2011.

1. crkirkwood macrumors newbie

I just loaded XP on my mac laptop, without bootcamp. Most everything seems fine so far except I can't create any wireless network. And there are several devices under device manager that are in error. Is this the reason for running bootcamp? Also, do I need to install bootcamp and then re-install xp, or can I load bootcamp without reloading XP? (I assume the prior).

Thanks,

Clayton

2. simsaladimbamba

3. crkirkwood thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it seems to me that windows is mostly useless if I can't get on the internet. I need to use the Mac's wireless network to do this in my environment. So, do I need to use BC to do this? I have gotten tired of the slow Parallels' response with only 2GB max, and do most of my work anymore on Windoze.

Clayton

4. jordanr1186 macrumors newbie

can't hurt to try

I am running bootcamp with windows xp sp3. As far as I know, it pulls together all the correct drivers you would need(even though some things are still a bit wonky(audio/recording)).

Here is talk about my problems with it. Not sure if you can actually un-install bootcamp easily after you install it. I know it's possible, but I would not know how to do it.

5. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

You just need to insert your Snow Leopard install disc to install the drivers for your hardware. Everything should be groovy after you do that.

6. zwodubber macrumors 6502a

This should work, but I have not done it without running the bootcamp assistant