Do I need both Cydia and Installer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by kwatch, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kwatch macrumors newbie

I'm new to jailbreaking. I'll Pwnage my ipod touch soon. Do I need to have both Cydia and Installer? What's the differnce?

Thanks.

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

You dont "need", but why would you not want installer? Cydia comes with the jailbreak, so you get that whether you like it or not.

3. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

What do you really want from jailbreaking? There really aren't that many great apps any more. The only things I could find that were even somewhat worth the effort were customization apps (MIM, Customize, Winterboard) and a few preferences apps. If you don't really want these, it is not really worth the effort. I jailbroke one night, and by morning, I had decided to restore back to stock firmware because it did not work well for me. Plus, I find the App store Apps to be of a higher quality than even the pre 2.0 jailbreak apps. And no, I didn't find a use for Installer, as Cydia has most of the good apps anyway, so you can install it, but I don't think it's really going anywhere fast (It looks as though Cydia has taken over)

4. macmacmacmacmac macrumors newbie

i pwned my ipod using PwnageTool 2.0.1 and it came with cydia, but how do i get installer on my ipod touch again?

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k