Do I need pkgbackup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bunger, Oct 20, 2010.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

So I jailbroke my phone a few days ago and hadn't installed much. I bought/installed MyWi this morning and no issues. I then installed My3G and a couple of themes later this afternoon and have since noticed a very marked drop in battery life - about 1% every 5 minutes or so. I have removed everything but MyWi and still experiencing the issue.

So...

I would like to restore fresh tonight, but am not sure what happens to my purchased MyWi app. Is Cydia smart enough to know that I already bought it or do I have to buy a backup program ( ie., pkgbackup ) to cover it? It seems kinda annoying to have to buy a $5 app to save a $20 app, but if I have to do that I will...

tia,
    B

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You don't "NEED" it, but it is nice to have.

If you don't get it, all you do is restore and re-download the apps, Cydia use either Facebook or Google ID, so as soon as you enter your "ID" it will know what you had already purchase or not. (You still need to enter your ID even with PKGbackup) PKGback all it does is backup your JB apps and reinstall them after your restore (if any of those app are comercial app, you still need to cover the licensing using Cydia)

3. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502