Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rightlyso

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
I used Leopard bootcamp to install Windows 7 (32 bit) in a new partition on my brother's late edition white Macbook.

Everything seems to be running ok, but I read on an Apple page that Apple plans to support Windows 7 only with Snow Leopard.

What exactly does that mean? Can I upgrade the Bootcamp drivers without purchasing Snow Leopard (I know--cheapskate but no plans to use Mac OS at all on this computer; I know he should have bought a Dell but it's too late for that.)

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
If everything is running fine, then no, you don't need SL. You can just keep running with the current drivers.

macsrule25

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2009
idk

its your choice, if it suddenly stops working, then yes you should. and like, the other guy above me said "if everything is working fine, then, no, you don't need to upgrade to snow leopard."

:apple:An Apple a day keeps PC's away:apple:

:apple: Macsrule25 :apple:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
It's unclear how Apple will distribute the new driver package, but you can bet that they won't provide them automatically to BC 2.x (i.e. Leopard).

I'm sure they'll end up on torrent sites quickly, but the only sure way to get access legitimately is to pay the $25 for SL shipped from Amazon.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.