Do I need to cleanup my Libraries folder??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jc0481, Apr 10, 2007.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

I used the whatis program and found out it is using 26 gigs of hard drive space. I have a lot of programs installed but should I be worried?? I have mainmenu as my system cleaner but no option to clean up unused files in my libraries folder would onyx be a better choice?? I have appzapper installed which grabs the files when I uninstall the application. Should I just ignore it then? Any help would be appreciated.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

you're overthinking Mac maintenance. just use your computer. you shouldn't need to do anything to clean it up.

it's best to stay out of the Library and System folders unless you know what you're doing.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

diddo. The only time I go into mine is after I uninstall a program, and I go into remove any pref files etc from that program.

4. jc0481 thread starter macrumors regular

Just thought I'd ask. Worth a shot you know. Just seems like a lot of space to take up in my libraries folder. Maybe your right. I am overthinking it, you know after using Windows (crap) most of my life it gets you thinking this is the way for other computers when it isn't. :D