Do I need to get a PAC code if i am already with O2 and Carphone Warehouse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wavazey, Oct 29, 2007.

1. wavazey macrumors member

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum can shed some light if i need to get a PAC code to transfer my number onto my new iphone contract when it comes out next week?

I am currently an O2 customer but i am billed by CPW. I spoke to the manageress of a CPW store close to home and she said i didn't need a PAC code as i was an existing O2 customer but i may need a transfer code. She informed me that i obtain this code direct from CPW once i have bought the iphone. But i am a bit unsure as i keep getting so much conflicting information. I don't want to get an iphone and then realise upon getting it that i need the PAC code and then have to wait until who knows how long until they forward the oce to me.

Thanks for any clarification

Cheers

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Get a PAC code in case you need to use it and then you're covered come what may. It costs nothing and if you don't need it will just lapse after 30 days.

3. wavazey thread starter macrumors member

Thanks CD3660,

Is that still possible even though i have 6 months to run of my 18 month contract?

Thanks

4. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I can't see that that will be a problem as O2 have said that existing customers who were with them before the iPhone announcement on the 18th of September will be able to switch their contracts without a financial penalty.

5. roblawton macrumors 6502

There will be no penalty charge, as you got your contract/upgrade before Sept 18th.

You will need a PAC/Transfer code - just call up the week before and they'll be able to provide it for you.

(PM me if you have any further queries, as I work for o2/cpw) :D

6. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

If your with O2, and got a contract before Sept 18th, your fine. If after, you'll be charged.

If with O2, you'll need a PAC code, only if you want to keep you number. It'll be a lot faster as well.

7. wavazey thread starter macrumors member

8. roblawton macrumors 6502