do i need to live sim card in the phone when jailbreaking it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011.

1. 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011

0nyx macrumors newbie

do i have to live the deactivated sim card in the iphone4 when jailbreaking it? at the moment im jailbreaking it with snowbreeze but every time it reboots it comes back to the activation screen saying NO SIM Card Installed-Insert a valid SIM with no pin lock to activate iPhone. so now im starting to wonder if i need to have the sim card when doing this.

THANKS!!!!!

2. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Yes, you need A sim card in the phone...doesn't matter if it is an active card or an old one though. Just have to physically have a sim card in the slot.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011

0nyx thread starter macrumors newbie

i cant activate it cuz its locked to telus. My carrier is rogers. will it work if i use my rogers card when im jailbreakign it? i really wanna get this working. its driving me nuts.

5. Applejuiced, Oct 18, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If its locked to telus you will need a telus sim to activate officially.
    Or hactivate it using a jb program.

6. 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011

will it work if i use a rogers sim to hactivate it? or u think im better off goign to telus n getting a sim

7. Crystal-RX, Oct 18, 2011

Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You don't need a sim card in the phone to hactivate it. However, if you want to by pass an emergency screen without hactivate it, then you need a Telus sim card in it and hook it up to Itunes to by pass this screen.

8. 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011

so then y everytime i jb using snowbreeze it jus comes back to the activation screen. i see the snow flake on the iphone and i also see a pop up window in itunes saying it has been restore to factory settings blah blah. this doenst make any sense. like now im thinking of going to telus n buying a sim card or jus pay someone to do it for me. I jus cant give up this easily

9. Crystal-RX, Oct 18, 2011

Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Because when you use sn0wbreeze, you only create customs firmware with preserving the baseband so you phone can restore it back to.

Now, you need to use Redsn0w to jailbreak and activate it. With the current redsn0w, you can create customs firmware as well and do not need to use other software to create it.

10. 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011

Crystal-RX thanks a lot. im goin to give that a try. for once this makes sense lol i dont remember my ipod touch been this complicated to jail break. but one quick question thou does redsnow need to be used with the custom firmware or jus the iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore ipsw. everytime i use redsnow it gets stuck in the reboot loop n i cant figure it out

11. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

No problem, because Ipod touch does not have baseband to worry about.

12. 0nyx, Oct 18, 2011

i jus tried to use snowbreeze n got error 1600. I swear this thing sometimes works n sometimes doesnt. Its driving me nuts.

I also tried using redsnow 0.9.9b4 and selectin the ipsw iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore it seems like everythign is going ok but unfortunately it gets stuck in the reboot loop. I dont know what to else to do broo. what am i doing wrong; i been working on this for the past 3 days.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try using another computer if you can.
    Also when using redsnow and on win7 you will have to run it in compatibility mode under Vista.