Do I need to move my replaced iPhone to AppleCare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stimm32, Mar 30, 2013.

1. stimm32 macrumors newbie

I had an issue where my power button on my iPhone 5 wasn't working, and so I took it to Apple and they replaced it today. I have AppleCare+ and I was wondering, since this phone obviously has a different serial number, if I need to change the serial number on my AppleCare to this one? Thanks!

2. radioking macrumors regular

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Yep, it will be transferred automatically. It might take a couple of days for that site to update though.

4. stimm32 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Playgear macrumors regular

I had my iPad swapped out a second time today at the Genius Bar.

The first time they swapped it out, on the train home I checked the support coverage site, and it all moved over as expected.

This time though, I've checked again and it hasn't moved over to the serial number for the iPad I have now.

It's been 3 hours since I was at the store. Should I wait a bit or call AppleCare and see if they can move it for me?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. Playgear macrumors regular

Good thing I did. Ended up being a huge nightmare to fix it.

There was an issue in the repair chain and the device that I currently have wasn't linked to the previous one, so I had to provide a bunch of info about the repairs and the serial numbers if the previous devices (which luckily I had taken note of...)

In any case it's all fixed now. What a pain in the ass though...

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Or at least check and review your AppleCare agreements. You can view all your agreements online and see the associated serial numbers.
    http://www.apple.com/support/applecare/view/