Do I need to replace my SCREEN due to faulty Bluetooth???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by al82, Sep 29, 2009.

1. al82 macrumors regular

I have a Aluminium Macbook.

It is under Apple care. I took it in today because the bluetooth kept loosing connection and then the Mac says no bluetooth hardware found.

The Genius at the Apple Store said they need to replace the screen because the Bluetooth module "may" be behind the screen as it is not on the airport card anymore.

Can anyone confirm, in the Aluminium Macbook (2008) where is the bluetooth receiver???

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I recall hearing that both the AirPort and Bluetooth cards are in the lid on the Unibody models.

www.ifixit.com doesn't have any guides for AirPort or BT module replacement, and that may be why.

3. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Xapphire13

I remember reading in a thread when someone tried changing the screen to a MBA screen that they found the bluetooth antenna in the screen.

4. arh macrumors newbie

My Aluminium Macbook lost its bluetooth a while back and after a few googles I managed to get it back by resetting the hardware.

Have a look here for instructions on how to do it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411?viewlocale=en_US

This might not fix your problem but it might be worth a try before Apple start taking your Macbook apart.