Do I need to restore?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marty1990, Oct 8, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

After my over-the-air iOS6 update, my iPad was lagging, so I performed a restore. When I was setting up after the restore and connected to the wifi, it connected, but it said there was no connection. I restored again, and the same error appeared, but disappeared after a couple of seconds. I then set up my iPad.

It probably sounds stupid, but do I need to perform another restore? I just hate the thought of my iOS6 install being messed up or something.

What do you think, or shouldn't there be a problem with my iPad/iOS6?

THANKS.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Use it for a few days and see if its settled down...you shouldn't have to constantly restore it to get a reliable wifi connection. Assuming your router / modem are okay constant restoring shouldn't be needed and you might have a hardware issue that Apple need to look at.

3. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

It worked fine with iOS5, and as I said, it worked on the previous restore, I just kept getting a pop up saying there was no connection, when I was surfing online.

Could restoring itself mess anything up? Or does it just essentially make it a new iPad?

So what do we reckon? iOS6 is on my iPad properly now?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Well, if things were fine before, I'd try a complete setup as new....Backup to the cloud but treat it as an out of the box setup...I know it's tedious, but if that wont nail it nothing will.

5. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, after I restored the last time and connected to the wifi, the error message I was receiving appeared for a couple of seconds, then disappeared. I then set up my iPad, and am now downloading apps via the wifi connection.

I was just concerned after I saw the 'error' message, in case my iOS restore had gone wrong - is that likely - or should I just forget about it since everything appears to be working fine?

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'd forget it, chances are you'll be fine now...Just a glitch I reckon...Hooe it settles down now.:)

7. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah okay thanks man.

I think it was just a glitch, or an issue with my wifi, because the error hasn't appeared since, and everything is working great, so I'm back using my iPad. Wheyy.