Do I need to return any of these things?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by provoloney, Sep 9, 2009.

1. provoloney macrumors newbie

A few days ago, I bought a Macbook Pro, a timecapsule, a 4 G ipod shuffle, and some some canon printer. Should I get any price adjustments or consider exchanging anything (if any of this was updated)? nothing is opened yet, so I just thought I would check in and see if any of this stuff was updated.

2. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

If it is within 14 days, you can return all of them and buy the new ones.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The nanos were updated. If you got yours as part of the student promo, you're SOL as it ended yesterday.

4. provoloney thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the shuffle...but I can't figure out whether they updated it or not. It's not part of the student promotion. I don't actually want to return anything...it's just that if they updated any of the stuff I actually bought, then I would return before the 14 day period is up in order to get the new one.

5. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

They did three things:

Added a new lower-end option (2 GB for $59)

Added more colors, at both capacities.

Added a 'special edition' polished steel at $99.

The 4 GB at $79 has seen no functional changes. If you're happy with 4 GB, and happy with the color, then there is no reason to do anything. If you'd rather save the $20 by downgrading to the 2 GB model, or if you'd rather have one of the newly-created colors, then you'd want to trade-in.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

7. provoloney thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I'm cool with ipod shuffle color, size, so that's perfect, since nothing else changed. I'll be opening the boxes tonight!