Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bioyuki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Long story short, Apple is swapping out my RMBP and I got a replacement retail boxed RMBP delivered today. I need to ship the old machine back to Apple...am I supposed to include the original power adapter as well or do they just expect to get back the machine?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Long story short, Apple is swapping out my RMBP and I got a replacement retail boxed RMBP delivered today. I need to ship the old machine back to Apple...am I supposed to include the original power adapter as well or do they just expect to get back the machine?

Did you get a new power adapter with the new rMBP? If so, you should send the other one back with it.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
When I had a problem with my 2009 13"pro (Drive failed within a week) they sent a new one out and collected the original but I did honestly forget to put the charger in the box and basically nothing actually happened....I'm not exactly condoning this action but its not as extreme act of stealing as everyone says - the world isn't black and white!

bioyuki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Anything that came in the box with it needs to go back with it. Not sure why you would think otherwise...

Why do they bother sending me the retail box in the first place then? All other machine replacements I've had in the past they just send me a box with just the machine or part :confused:

jbzcar

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
Why do they bother sending me the retail box in the first place then? All other machine replacements I've had in the past they just send me a box with just the machine or part :confused:

Send it back and demand a refurb, lol.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI

If they sent you a brand new boxed retina MBP that includes the adapter, then you need to send back the adapter you already have. They're not giving you a bonus power adapter. It's an even swap. Otherwise you'd end up with an extra one and they'd end up being short one. That doesn't seem correct, does it?

Honestly, am I missing something here? This seems so straightforward...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.