Do I need to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by HighHeat14, Aug 1, 2008.

1. HighHeat14 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

Here's my situation....

My wife and I have an iMac and a macbook. I have an iPhone (wife doesn't)

We have a single user mobileme account.

I want to have my own @mac(or I guess @me email now)coming to my iPhone, along with my own calender, etc.

Right now, I have an alias email under the main mobileme account. When I setup my iPhone for mobileme now, ALL of my wifes @mac email, contacts, and calender events dump to my iPhone. It seems like she has a reminder on her calender every 15 minutes, so this would drive me crazy! I want my own stuff!

I know that with the single user mobileme, there's no way around these issues. But if I upgrade to the family mobileme, will I be able to easily set up my iPhone to sync ONLY my email, contacts and calender? And would the mac mail show up separate from hers on both computers?

I know how to select specific calenders and contacts to sync via iTunes, but I want the "over the air" syncing mobileme.

Can anyone help? I'm new to mac, and I'll never go back to PC! (except for on my stupid work computer, which right now I have no choice) So I'm still learning all this stuff and would appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks!

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Yes. You can do this with the Family Pack. I am waiting until end of my trial and I plan to do this as well.