Do I need to wait for new speaker systems for the new touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by amycishere, Sep 15, 2008.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Or do the existing speaker systems work just fine? Thanks! Amy

2. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I find the speakers on the 2G Touch to work fine. Sure, the quality isn't top notch, but no one expects it to be. It's great for casual listening and I have a feeling it will do what you want it to do just fine :)

3. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I believe she is talking about speaker docks being compatible with the new ipod touch. I seen some people say that their new ipod isn't compatible with some of their speakers. Can't say bout mine as I tend to use the headphones or my computer for music.

4. Dudeman486 macrumors member

the only incompatibility (i think) between the 2nd gen ipt and older speaker systems w/docks is the lack of firewire charing support. what i mean is, you can still play music fine through the dock connector, its just the speakers can no longer charge your ipod.

you might want to double check with appl, or try ilounge.com. they have reviewed almost every ipod speaker system in existence and are probably a really great resource.

5. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I am referring to speaker/radio docks. I will definitely need one as my stereo just went out.

6. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

7. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Do people read what they're responding to or just reply in trying to be the first to post or get their response count up? Jeez.