Do I need to wilpe my 3G before selling it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbjectEvolution, Jun 19, 2009.

1. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I got my iPhone replaced last night, but I haven't registered it or anything. I hooked it up to iTunes so that it could make calls, but that's it. In fact, I can't even get to the point where I can restore it without registering it on iTunes (it seems).

Should I just take the SIM out and sell it to the guy as is, or is there something I need to do to make sure he doesn't get any of my info. Is there even any of my info on the phone yet?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm wiping mine as I speak. Do you really want others to possibly see your personal information?

3. AbjectEvolution thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there any personal information on it? I haven't even registered the phone or updated it or anything. It's still on 2.2. I don't have my email address tied to it or any contacts in it, notes, photos... nothing.

If I do need to wipe it, what's the best and fastest way to do it? Can I do it from the phone itself?

4. AbjectEvolution thread starter macrumors 6502

I am erasing it from the general settings. I hope it doesn't take long as I'm meeting the guy in 15 min. Can I take the SIM out while it's erasing?

5. musigny macrumors newbie

additional question: i want to unlock my 3g and then sell it. how can i do that?

6. isharan macrumors member

Do you really want other people to read your emails, text messages, have access to your contacts? Just plug it in to iTunes and hit restore.

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

To complete a full wipe from the phone setting takes about one hour for an 8GB phone and 2 hours for a 16GB phone. And yes, it really does take this long.

8. mom2kyleegrace macrumors newbie

If you plug in the old one and click restore.....will everything be ok next time I sync the 3gs?? I've already registered the new one!!