Do i need to worry?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Trioxio, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Trioxio macrumors newbie

Hey,

These temperatures are very high i guess? but i don't understand how?
    my mac is always hot and i don't stress him out that much.
    i do Photoshop a lot.

i hope someone has a solution for me for this problem.

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

What exactly are you doing in Ps? Speaking from my personal experience some PS projects are more taxing than others and can cause your temps to rise and your fans to kick into high gear.

I can't reassure you for all of the temps you showed but most of them look fine to me, maybe other users can shed more light on the "graphics processor" ones as i'm not too sure there

4. Trioxio thread starter macrumors newbie

Well normally i ps alot. But i wanted to see what happends if I don't. But it stays at the same temperature around 75 - 83. Is it possible that my mac does alot of background use of the gpu?

5. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

6. Yakibomb macrumors 6502

Yakibomb

Just restore from a Time Machine backup and you'll be fine ;)

7. Trioxio thread starter macrumors newbie

Shiittt that makes me have goosebumps! This machine is my friend :(

8. thedeske macrumors 6502a

Geez! Regular or Extra Crispy!

On a finer note, the Vents over the Ram do gather dust. Open em up and blow em out on occasion.

9. librarian macrumors regular

Check your idle temperatures after a shut down> boot. Do not simply restart the machine. Turn it off, unplug the AC, wait 30 seconds then plug back in and turn it on.
    Leave it on for a few minutes without doing anything (don't open apps but make sure you're logged in with your user if you don't have automatic log in enabled), then check your temperatures.

10. Trioxio thread starter macrumors newbie

It's still high, only the gpu. Is there i way i can shutdown all the background apps. *not the system background programs*

11. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Here's a few things you might want to try.

Alright, here are a few ideas:

1: Try running "ps -Ac" in Terminal, and see if you see some processes that shouldn't be there or something, and end them by running "kill 'process ID'" or "Killall 'name of process'".

2: Perhaps your temperature sensors aren't functioning properly... As someone else said, try checking right after a boot up. Try using SMCFanControl to turn the fan speed up, and see if the temp goes down.

3: Fresh install of OS X. Perhaps you've got a problem with your fan controller or a kext that shouldn't be there or something.

4: Clean your fans. If you want to go mental about it, take off the screen and give it a real good cleaning, but you can also just use a vacuum cleaner or something on the fan hole. As un-optimal as it is.

5: When doing really intense work, try running "pmset -g sysload", and "pmset -g therm". That way you can see if you get throttling from this.

12. Trioxio thread starter macrumors newbie

nice!

well the smcfancontrol helps ALOOOTTT! wow!

but 1 more question, whats the max rpm i can set it on without making it dangerous? or can't it be bad to make the fans turn on max?

thanks for all the input!

13. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

You should try Repairing Permissions.