Do I really have to manually unpair headphones?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mcdj, Apr 14, 2016.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I have my ATV4 set to always stay on. That's a non negotiable, due to my Harmony remote setup and the low tech wife factor.

I have paired my headphones to the ATV. Every time I power on the headphones, they automatically pair to the always on ATV.

But sometimes I just want to use the headphones with my iPad. The only way I've been able to do it is to power up the TV, navigate to the Bluetooth menu on the ATV and "forget" them. If it don't do this, the iPad simply won't pair with them. Then the next time I do want to use the headphones again, I have to re-pair them with the ATV.

Am I doing anything wrong? Why can't a new pair request override the previous pairing? Surely pairing should be more flexible than this.

2. benjitek, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016

benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

It's more of a bluetooth thing than something ATV-specific. Choose 'disconnect' instead of 'forget', they'll remain as paired in the bluetooth device list but able to connect to your iPad. Select to disconnect them from your iPad prior to reconnecting them with your ATV...