Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gospelfrances

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
In at&t site its says that I already qualify for discount for a 2 year contract however when I went and ask to an at&t rep in a mall kiosk he told me that I have to wait until march 26.

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
In at&t site its says that I already qualify for discount for a 2 year contract however when I went and ask to an at&t rep in a mall kiosk he told me that I have to wait until march 26.

If he says that's when you're eligable to upgrade then that means you need to wait until then. I mean it's only a few weeks anyways. What's the rush?

Gospelfrances

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
3 months before the next iPhone comes out and you want to get a 3GS???

I know, I had been using a nokia 5800 and is really frustrating, but I have other line that is also eligible for the upgrade so, if the new iphone is really appealing I will jut get it and switch sims card with my brother's phone.

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
3 months before the next iPhone comes out and you want to get a 3GS???

Exactly. I'm in the same predicament. I can upgrade March 29th. There is no way in heck I'm not waiting an extra few months for 4th Gen. :cool:

At least if you wait, you will have the choice and the 3GS will likely get discounted sometime after 4th gen is released.

Gospelfrances

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
UNTIL? Can you copy and paste it? I've never seen it say until on their site before.

As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for an upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year contract. Click ‘Upgrade Eligibility’ to view your upgrade options.

then when i click

You are not eligible to upgrade at a discounted price due to your length of service. However, you may still purchase a phone/device at the full price. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price on 03/26/2010
You are eligible for an early upgrade to an iPhone at a reduced discount. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 03/26/2010

I know is just a couple of weeks but i really want the iphone

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
As a valued AT&T customer, you may be eligible for an upgrade on this line, with reduced equipment pricing when signing a 2-year contract. Click ‘Upgrade Eligibility’ to view your upgrade options.

then when i click

You are not eligible to upgrade at a discounted price due to your length of service. However, you may still purchase a phone/device at the full price. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade at a discounted price on 03/26/2010
You are eligible for an early upgrade to an iPhone at a reduced discount. Our records indicate that you will be eligible for an upgrade to an iPhone at a discounted price on 03/26/2010

I know is just a couple of weeks but i really want the iphone

That doesn't say you're available now. It says exactly what the att rep said- that you'll be eligible on 3/26.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2008
sorry but i was in an ATT corporate store talking to the manager about upgrading 3 weeks ago....

website said i was able to upgrade on feb 28th....(which i explained to him) he said in a corporate store they can get you the upgrade price within 30days of being eligible.

im still thinking about it but not for the 3gs....the new bold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.