Apple TV Do i really need Firecore?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ezra923, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ezra923 macrumors regular

Ive been Jailbreaking for a bit now but i am now getting into the whole ATV thing. So do i really need this $30 software?

2. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

Up to you, personally makes life easy for me loading software onto the atv plus the media player is good.

Depends if you want to mess around shh software with cyberduck everytime you want to update anything, with atv flash you get regular updates which you run from the atv menu

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No you don't need it.

You don't have to mess with SSH or other programs either as the previous poster said. Once Jailbroken You can install NitoTV (free) and install/Update/remove packages right from the ATV menu.

4. Mr-Kerrse macrumors 6502

Don't you have to shhh in nito tv in the first place ?

It is still a lot of hassle compared to atv flash which has a maintenance menu for installing xbmc,Plex,Nito Tv etc etc & has regular updates. Plus you can back up all your firmware & settings.

I only use the Atv flash media player for watching films so much easier than using plex or xbmc.

5. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

Paying for the Firecore software never appealed to me as I enjoyed SSHing into the ATV. However, if you can't follow instructions or aren't curious enough to use Terminal then Firecore may be a good option.

If you can follow instructions online, and are curious enough to use Terminal then save your money and do it yourself! It really isn't hard, and if you do run into an issue it's very easy to find solutions on Google.

just my $.02

6. Ezra923 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! im pretty good at following intructions so ill try! Now as far as Remote : The free Apple Remote app vs Remote HD $799

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Ok you have to SSH once to install nito, then you can do anything from the menu and get 3 lap dances or a few beers with those $30....

I like rowmote

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

For me it's worth it just for media player. (though you can use XBMC for your media player, it's easier to use firecore's)

9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

From a girl with 2 teeth at that price :)

10. donrsd macrumors 6502

donrsd

exactly.

shhhhh, but i downloaded firecore off the pirate bay for free :)
    plus go to sinfuliphone.com & get their repo for apple tv. youll never have to ssh ever again for ANY xmbc repo :)

11. Che Castro macrumors 603

Firecore has a much nicer media player interface than xbmc ,it blends with the apple tv
    The web browser is ok
    $30 or whatever it cost is too much