Do I still get promotions with Refurbished iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gamerz, Sep 6, 2007.

1. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

Hey everybody, I have finally decided to buy a refurbished iMac because it is cheaper, and still meets my needs. I have been looking at the promotions to get a free ipod and printer, and was wondering if they work with a refurbished imac.

So, do the promotions work if I buy a refurbished imac?

And

Can I use my education discount on the refurbished imac?

Thanks for the help.

2. BennyK macrumors 6502

I dont think there are discounts for refurbed macs, atleast no education discounts. The buy a mac and get an ipod only works with brand new macs (mac mini's excluded)

3. MK2007 macrumors regular

You won't get any further discounts with a refurbished Mac. It's an entirely separate category of sale just as an educational sale is another category. This also means you won't get a free-after-rebate iPod unless you buy the Mac as an educational sale.

4. AndyFL macrumors regular

Yes, you are eligible for the $100 printer rebate with the purchase of a refurbished Mac. Purchased my MBP + printer back in middle of August, received $100 rebate yesterday!

5. LawyerBruno macrumors newbie

Yes, Rebate Applies

"PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Only Apple computers, as defined in this paragraph, and the printers identified in this paragraph qualify for this promotion. For purposes of this promotion, “Apple computers” means and is limited to MacBook, iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, and Mac Pro. Configure-to-order and refurbished versions of these Apple computers qualify for this promotion. In addition, for purposes of this promotion, only the following HP, Canon, Samsung, Epson, and Lexmark printer models qualify (the “Qualifying Printers”):"

http://www.apple.com/promo/