do i still need my Leopard upgrade disc ????

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brake buster, Jan 1, 2008.

1. brake buster macrumors newbie

my new:apple: iMac came with Tiger installed and with the new Leopard disc in the box, this has been installed,

as a new mac owner, do i need to keep this disc safe, or has the HD been permanently written over ?? i know as a pc user you have to keep everything for ever, as a crash is inevitable , lol

i also have the original Tiger setup discs to:cool:

BB:confused:

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Keep the disk safe, just because you never know when you might need it.

3. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Yep you need it because if you ever need to reinstall leopard, you'll need that.

I keep everything that comes in Apple's boxes, including all of the original packaging (bags and styrofoam) :D

4. ParishM macrumors regular

ParishM

keep them both, the Leopard upgrade disc does not have the hardware test on it. you will need the original tiger disc for that.

P....

5. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

You will need all that if you choose to sell you little baby to get something shiny and new and wonderful Apple smelling. Did I say too much? Oh well keep them safe.

6. overcast macrumors 6502a

Yeh Macs never crash. Also their hardware is some alien technology that is unable to breakdown.

7. elwell642 macrumors newbie

Tiger to Leopard licensing

Hi all. I know this is an old post, but I have a question about licensing that is somewhat similar to the original posters'.

I have an old G4 that only has OS X 10.1 and is basically unused because of that =)

Now, a friend of mine recently upgraded his Macbook from Tiger to Leopard. Could he give me his Tiger install disc now so that I could put it on my G4? Or does he legally need to keep both Tiger and Leopard around?

Thanks for your help!

~Tom