Do I want an iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rogertb, May 2, 2017.

1. rogertb macrumors newbie

Hi chaps ... I have an iPhone 5s - happy with it but thought 'apple pay' might be of some use at some time, it's not available on the 5 but is on the 6 I believe.

I also have an old boxed good condition 4s. The 4sss are selling on ebay for £60 and the 5sss about £150.

Ebay have 6sss for under £300 so I guess I could raise £100 for a new phone (well a used one anyway) - is it worth it ?

Why do 4s get so much money and why are 6s so cheap ?.... sorry if all these questions are a pain but I am pretty dim about this sort of thing.

Roger

2. Critycal macrumors member

Make sure you don't get the 16GB iPhones. With the 64GB iPhone 6(S) you should be fine.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I would stray away from the iPhone 6. It's slower with 1 GB of Ram and will not be supported as longer as the iPhone 6S would be.

4. rogertb thread starter macrumors newbie

OK so 64gb 6S or what's a 6S PLUS ?
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2017 ---
    btw meant to say thank you for your replies .... thank you.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

6s 64 GB. The Plus model is the larger version of the 6s, which is at 5.5 inches, which has a larger battery and better display.

6. Critycal macrumors member

Depends on the price. Ofcourse the 6S is faster than the 6, it's later released. But the 6 is still usable. A non-demanding user should still consider the iPhone 6 64GB, if there is a huge price difference.

*typing this on an iPhone 6.

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I'm still happily using my iPhone 6. Obviously the newer models have better specs and features, but the 6 still does everything that I need it to so well that nothing about the 6s or 7 made it seem worthwhile for me to upgrade.

8. Skika macrumors 68030

IMO go for the 6S(preferably 32gb or 64gb) or just keep your 5S.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Do you have an iPAd or other larger computing device/tablet? I have an iPhone 6 64GB and am very happy with it. I got it for free and installed a new battery and screen. Total it cost me around $60 wit the new parts.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I still think you have to consider what the thread title says. "Do I want an iPhone 6?" Also I think the term "Usable" can be generally applied to many iPhone models . I would still highly consider Apple's timeline for support/updates for the iPhone 6 and how old is the iPhone 6 the OP is considering? (Replacing battery possibly)

It appears the OP is considering a 64GB 6s, which I believe is the better decision regardless over the iPhone 6.

11. iApple_man, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017

iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

I came to Apple because there seems to be no timeline on their updates to their phones unlike Android. Not sure if your thinking of Android with that statement. When Apple updates, ALL iPhone's update. Of course they won't have the same features. OP is looking for Apple Pay so the 6 is no problem to start off with.

12. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Thats incorrect. There is not a "Specific" timeline for iPhones, but not all iPhones are in existence for receiving updates, but that doesn't mean the iPhones still can't be used for needs without support. The latest is the iPhone 5, which can only be downloaded via iTunes for OS and not over the Air. Apple has tendencies to disregard support over actual iPhone capabilities.

And what you meant to say is that NOT all features will be support certain features, but won't obtain the same features.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/iphone-4s-wont-work-with-ios-10/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-long-will-iphone-5s-be-supported.1873754/

13. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

I should have just kept it at OS updates which sticks to my point but I understand yours too. The thing is, Apple, to me, supports theirs vs Android.

14. PR1985 macrumors 6502

This was true for iOS 10.3. iOS 10.3.1 OTA again.

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Good to know. Wasn't aware 10.3.1 restored OTA.

16. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

See