Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
Just like the subject line says it, do they exist, or every single model is a somewhat a compromise when it comes to the screen consistency/quality? The reason I am asking is that, I am on 2nd refurbished model and I am not sure if I should continue the replacement game with a hope I will get the one without any flaws, or I should at this point give up and go a separate route (mac mini + 23/24" ips panel from Dell or Asus), or suck it up and buy a new one with an educational discount?

Is my problem because I am buying a refurbished model which are most likely to be returned due to screen problems and there is higher chance of getting one with flaws?

Thanks

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
Just like the subject line says it, do they exist, or every single model is a somewhat a compromise when it comes to the screen consistency/quality? The reason I am asking is that, I am on 2nd refurbished model and I am not sure if I should continue the replacement game with a hope I will get the one without any flaws, or I should at this point give up and go a separate route (mac mini + 23/24" ips panel from Dell or Asus), or suck it up and buy a new one with an educational discount?

Is my problem because I am buying a refurbished model which are most likely to be returned due to screen problems and there is higher chance of getting one with flaws?

Thanks

From my understanding the fact that it is a refurb should have nothing to do with it. I would call Apple and get a dialogue started. I don't have that problem with mine, but it's an early 2011.

When I purchased my current iMac I went through 3 until I received one that didn't have a busted HDD. Then they eventually had a recall on all models during that time that had a Seagate HDD. It drove me crazy lugging it back and forth to the mall just to get a working (new) computer. They were awesome and gave me free Apple Care and a steep discount in the end though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.