Do Incase Neoprene Sleeves fit the late 2008 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Nov 3, 2008.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

Anybody know if Incase's Neoprene sleeve fits the dimensions of the late 2008 MBP?

2. moldi macrumors newbie

Yes

Yes, they fit.

The only thing is that you should pay attention when zip/unzip the sleeve - there is a small possibility to scratch the laptop body (or at least I think so - both are from metal).

3. virtuatony macrumors regular

4. mladenz macrumors regular

hope so:p my MBP with the sleeve will arive the 12th, then ill know for sure:p

5. chavez macrumors newbie

People are saying it would be more snug, but I bought one at the Apple store and it was pretty loose. Too loose that I didn't like the way it fit so I returned it.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

"more snug" != "snug"

They are more snug as compared to how they fit on the previous gen macbook pro, but by no means are they a "super fit."

7. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

What? Really?!? ....thats no good. Do you have one? Mine hasn't arrived yet but that sounds like a recipe for disaster. If thats the case I'll return it...but doesn't sound like Incase would make something that could scratch the laptop.

8. millystaroliver macrumors member

anyone know where you can get a nice designed sleeve like the 15" Parra Sleeve incase sleeve for the late 15.4 pro models? x

9. zebbz macrumors member

was probably going to buy a crumpler sleeve
    unless anyone has experience with them and the late2008 model (too tight too loose?)

10. south8212 macrumors 6502

yes i am using one of these now on my new mbp and you really must be careful when putting the mbp in the sleeve and when zipping it because there is a chance that the metal zipper can hit the side and scratch it. I for one am very careful when using it.

11. Neil1138 macrumors regular

I just got one and It fits pretty well but i think its just a temporary case until some new cases come out that actually are made for the new macbooks

12. Warranty Voider macrumors 6502

I went looking for ages for a sleeve for my new MBP before I found one that fit snugly. It's not because it was a new unibody-MBP, it's because half of the cases out there are designed for 2-3 inch thick dell laptops. ;) I eventually found a neoprene one that fit at my local travel shop. They were the only place that had a sleeve that fit snugly. And yes, it does have zippers, but it's not a problem because it has a fabric "flap" over them.

13. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

It looks like the dimensions of the School Hymn & the Gimp Special Edition sleeve are good. I took back a 15"w Gimp sleeve as it was not wide enough. Basically, height and depth seem fine on all 15"w sleeves, the thing to look out for is width, which should be 36.4cm+

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

According to InCase, they didn't redesign the sleeve in any way.