iPad mini Do iPad mini sounds and clicks seem muffled?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mikhailov, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Mikhailov macrumors regular

Don't get me wrong...I love this thing, but the speakers seem to be very low. I have the iPad turned all the way up, and the clicks and lock sounds just seem....low. Music too (I had to plug in an external speaker today). Is this the norm with the mini? Not a deal breaker, but it seems my iPhone 5 is much louder.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

My music is pretty darn loud with songs purchased from iTunes. Is sound coming from both speakers? If so, you may want to make an appointment with Apple and see what a Genius thinks about the sound.

3. Mikhailov thread starter macrumors regular

I thought it was just my model, but my wife's seems the same as far as the clicks are concerned.

Music seems nice and loud, and comes from both speakers just fine. Must be just the sounds that are lower. Why make them lower sounding than iPhone?

EDIT: Just found the "ringer and alerts" setting in sounds. This applies as a "dur dur dur" moment for me. Turned it all the way up.

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Funny because I was just thinking this today. I didn't bother to find an adjustment for it, just figured it was the way it was on the mini.

5. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

I have noticed that the stereo speakers now kind of muddies the sound a little bit.