Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
g03wtf1l.jpg

I have yet to find the power saving feature on my iPad Air 2. Do iPads just not have it or am I stupid and missing something?
Thanks,
The Doctor :)

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
I was looking for it earlier today as well. I had no luck. I would guess iPad doesn't get that option. Keeping an iPad alive probably isn't as essential as a phone to most users.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Also, iPhones die when you sneeze on them and my iPad refuses to die no matter what I do to it. I seriously charge that thing once a week.

I think it's not really a priority for Apple.

J.gerbes

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Didn't Craig say something about how power saving mode "pulls levers you don't even know about."

Well anyway, I'm sure at least some of the important "levers" are related to cellular connectivity. Sure iPad has a cellular option, but I would imagine that only a small percentage are cellular models.

Perhaps the mode is less useful on iPad. Perhaps the savings possible were negligible. Or perhaps the feature didn't make the cut for beta 1 (with iPhone being 69% or so of the revenue, it seems to take priority - think iOS 7).

Reactions: The Doctor11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.