Do iTunes & Vista get along nowadays?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Grasbak, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

A collegue at work came to me for advice - looking for an MP3 player. Doesnt want an iPod cos last time he installed iTunes, it "killed" his computer.

I have heard this a few times from people.

I get the impression its a while since he tried. Was there a specific problem that has now been resolved?

2. dropkickmurphys macrumors newbie

I've been running Vista & iTunes for over a year now, and they run perfectly for me. Just ensure that all of your mp3 files are in order, using a program that's talked about in this thread. Bad mp3s is the only problem I've had, except an occasional iPod problem that were fixed through suggestions that can be found in this forum. I don't believe anyone should avoid either product due to them 'not getting along'. :apple:

3. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

There was a problem a couple of years ago where using iTunes on a machine with Vista and Intel RAID on the motherboard could corrupt the RAID array. However that has long since been fixed. There's even a 64 bit version of iTunes for Vista nowadays. I use it on one of my machines with no problems.

4. JJW413 macrumors newbie

Well if the problem has been fixed my system must be a throw-back.

I'm running Vista Ultimate that is completely up to date with all the latest updates, on an Intel 975BX2 board with 4 x 500 GB SATA disks in a RAID 5 configuration. iTunes 8.2 is continually causing the RAID to crash. I have Quicktime also installed.

If anyone has any clue as to how to resolve my problem I will be very grateful. I'm at the point now where I really have no choice other then to abandon iTunes and I don't know how I will manage my iPod if I do that.

Thanks,

John