Do Keyboard transparency and blur effect comes back on iPad 3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Nanasaki, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

I am curious that keyboard transparency and blur on notification centre, safari back to iPad 3 on beta 6.

Anyone know?

2. DariusX macrumors regular

Just installed it on my iPad 3

Transparency is still absent.
    Multitasking gesture still crashes the entire device.

Good work apple, cant even fix a bug like this after 2 weeks.

3. Nanasaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

That is just sad.... Hopefully they will fix these on beta 7 or GM... are they even going to make beta 7? I shall keep beta 4 on iPad 3 then...

4. lint2015 macrumors member

I guess it's not a critical bug like whatever store thing they fixed. ;)

5. DariusX macrumors regular

critical bug or not, we are almost 2 weeks into beta 5.
    If they are releasing the GM soon, I'm assuming the official iOS 7 for iPad will be an extremely buggy release.

6. syd430 Guest

Translucency on keyboard still absent for me on ipad 4. Still don't know if it's a glitch that only I'm getting though.

7. Nanasaki thread starter macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

I don't understand how can iPad Touch 5G has translucency on keyboard but not on iPad

8. denisvj macrumors regular

denisvj

Does this affect iPad 4?

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

Beta 5 seems more like a hotfix than a full on beta, so real fixes will likely come with beta 7.

10. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Other beta? Why such hurry for a single fix? If other beta coming next Monday, then just 3 days after. Why would apple even bother when it can includes on next beta? Still cannot think why would Apple do that.

11. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

iPad 3 was reported major stability issues. Wonder if they disabled the effect then on A5X devices, which is a little unfair because iPad 2 has only a quarter of the resolution and can render those effects just fine.

How does it look on an iPad 2?? Anyone who knows?

12. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Patience. Remember, nothing is perfect and there are plenty of people working really hard to get everything right by September. Were talking a company that is about to release something new to MILLIONS of phones. They will get it right...I have faith.

I truly feel like beta 7 will address more of the UI issues (transparency for the iPad) and such when its released hopefully early next week. Only time will tell.

----------

I think it was messing with data plans, which means that it was costing developers money. Thats no good, and i'm sure people were asking for refunds. Worth a rush in my eyes!

13. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's obvious Apple wanted to release a fix instead of waiting. I can't give you a proper explanation because I'm not Apple, but all signs point to this being an urgent release. Apple has never released a beta at 8:00 PM Eastern on a Thursday.

14. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I know!

The issue was: downloads from iTunes Store could show other content than purchased and Apple must not distribute content the user hasn't bought via iTunes in the Cloud. They had to fix this due to legal reasons AND because Apple won't get their revenues if they sell content for free. This is why this fix came so surprisingly early.