Do Keynote special effects and transitions work on powerpoint?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iJosh94, Jan 30, 2009.

1. iJosh94 macrumors newbie

iJosh94

I am creating a presentation in Keynote for a project in school that uses Windows with Powerpoint 2003. Will my special effects and transitions work in Powerpoint when I present? Is there a way I can ensure they will work in a different format?
    Thanks

2. andonin macrumors newbie

hmmm

i dont think so, i do know you cant copy and paste from one to the other without it going all funky
    :(

3. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

you can save your keynote as .ppt and it will open fine in powerpoint however most of the never transitions and features are not supported in powerpoint. The most basic transitions will work and basic formatting will work.

As the above posters said you are going to have a different presentation in ppt as in your keynote.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Save your Keynote presentation as a QuickTime movie and open it in Windows. It will behave exactly like a normal presentation if you use a remote. Tap whatever button is "next" and it will do the next transition, preserved as if it were in Keynote.

5. mik34 macrumors member

Yup, Quicktime is your friend

Export to Quicktime. Even the new Magic Move transition works (which is awesome btw). A little more grainy than Keynote, but not really noticeable. If you export as ppt or pdf the transitions won't work (at least not the cool ones).

6. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Actually I'm pretty sure any "grain" problems would arise from the choice of video CODEC, not the export itself.

And just to be safe, be sure to bring the latest version of Quicktime for Windows with you, in case you can't download it from the presentation computer.