Do Keystroke loggers run on Mac? Help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by furious, Feb 6, 2008.

1. furious macrumors 65816

furious

My family was sent a phishing email and my dad clicked on the link. The email was meant to look like it was from our bank. My dad rang the bank and they told him the email is well known and he should run a virus scan as the website installs a keystroke logger.

I have emptied the cache and reset safari which deletes the cookies. Is there anything else I should do?

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Thank god your on a mac and forget about it? Or you can download Norton Anit-virus software for the mac but its really not needed.

3. furious thread starter macrumors 65816

furious

4. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

Also delete the message otherwise if you go on Windows...

5. Matari macrumors member

bank account hacked

Hi

Re the keystroke logger question - recently a standing order was set up on my bank account - something only I can do - luckily I spotted it and got it cancelled. Also, some time ago rogue payments went out of my bank account - didn't get to the bottom of that either.

Are we sure there isn't a programme that can chart keystrokes? I have Sophos Anti-virus installed, so am at a loss.

6. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

People don't need keystroke loggers to get into your bank account. You have to be careful with everything you do.

7. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

There are probably hundreds in existence. I don't imagine that many run on OS X though. If you have up to date anti virus software then you are probably ok on Windows too. As someone has said, there are other ways to get at your money.