Do long album/song titles scroll?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CactusChef, Sep 12, 2008.

1. CactusChef macrumors member

I was just curious; like many other previous iPods, does the iPod touch have the option to scroll text thats too long to fit on the screen like on Cover Flow or on the song thats currently playing?

I can understand it for not scrolling when viewing albums/songs in search/browse mode (as you'd have a ton of things on the screen scrolling), but the song that is currently playing should at least scroll. Is there an option?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It doesn't seem like it.

On Song list, I get "Elderly Woman Behind the Coun..."

On Cover Flow and Locked screen while song is playing, I get "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a..."

3. tpg macrumors regular

Unfortunately there is still no way to do this, even now!

Since I think it would be a very simple feature for Apple to implement, I believe a petition would have a good chance of success if enough people sign it - so I have just created one:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ipodscrl/petition.html

Please sign, and let people know about it!

4. metalhead777 macrumors regular

I agree 100%. On my old Sansa mp3 player, which is now a Rockbox game console (that's what I'd like to think of it as since the headphone jack is broken.), it would scroll long song/album/artist one at a time and I wouldn't have to wonder what the whole song was called. I would just have to wait for it to scroll and I could read it. Apple still hasn't figured it out yet? Well, for the iPod Touch that is. Shame on you, :apple:! Shame shame! :D :apple:

5. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Sorry to bump but just realized that now it scrolls