Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaunty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
London, England
Not quite sure where to post this, have tried a google search and a forum search. I have boxed sealed UK .Mac membership. It says .Mac 2.5 and retailed at £69 at the time. Also an unactivated ProCare card.

Do these ever run out, or am I right in thinking that they just acivate the most current versions? I am likely to sell both but want to make sure I am not selling a dud! These were in a Lucky Bag I bought sometime ago...

Similarly, I have an unactivated AppleCare pack for an iBook. My iBook bit the dust via an accident before the first year was up so I never used the AppleCare - I am hoping that the UK Apple Store Regent St will allow me a credit against a new iMac....

Thanks for any thoughts

GreeneGirl7

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Oxford, England
Not quite sure where to post this, have tried a google search and a forum search. I have boxed sealed UK .Mac membership. It says .Mac 2.5 and retailed at £69 at the time. Also an unactivated ProCare card.

Do these ever run out, or am I right in thinking that they just acivate the most current versions? I am likely to sell both but want to make sure I am not selling a dud! These were in a Lucky Bag I bought sometime ago...

Similarly, I have an unactivated AppleCare pack for an iBook. My iBook bit the dust via an accident before the first year was up so I never used the AppleCare - I am hoping that the UK Apple Store Regent St will allow me a credit against a new iMac....

Thanks for any thoughts

I believe the codes do not expire. However, you won't be able to use iBook AppleCare on an iMac. You could apply it to an iBook currently within its one year warranty though.

Jaunty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
London, England
iBook AppleCare accepted for MacBook

Just to update this thread. I am having the Bluetooth not available and MacBook not sleeping issues :mad: .

I was able to use my unregistered 2004 iBook AppleCare code against my MacBook with no problems, so I have 2 more years to get the problem fixed under warranty. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.