Do MacBooks still turn yellow?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by myuserid08, Mar 15, 2008.

1. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

I've been an iMac user for a number of years now. I will be traveling a lot over the next 12 months so decided to get something portable.
    Been looking at the white macbook and did a bit of research to see if there are any issues, and found the following, just wondering if they have been fixed:

1) Yellowing around the palm rest, most reports were in the years 06-07.

2) The magsafe connectors were catching fire and shorting, has this been fixed?

Any other issues I should know about before going ahead?

Thanks in advance.

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

1) Nope....that was a bad batch of plastic that caused those issues and it doesn't happen anymore. I've had mine for over a year and it's still white!

2) As above....year old and no worries!

Now...go buy your new toy! :)

3. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

I bought my macbook last christmas and no yellow spots and my magsafe isn't starting any fires!!!

4. myuserid08 thread starter macrumors 6502

Excellent, thanks for the info, looks like I'm off to the Apple store first thing tomorrow then!

5. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

As I recall, the MagSafe issue was because the cord was being twisted, and the wires inside were fraying and then shorting the connector out.

This is something I'd assume would have been fixed ASAP (IIRC, the issue started in early 2007), so buying a unit now you shouldn't have any worries about this.

6. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502

They turn yellow only if you do nasty things to them. Fortunately these acts have been banned in 72 countries, punishable by death in 13 of them.

7. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

That would be a very interesting color change... black to yellow... hmm

9. GeneKam macrumors regular

haha it would be funnier if it turned to white, it would be title "the Jackson's Book" hahhahaa

10. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

hahahahha

11. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

just buy the black one and you wont have to worry about it. You'll just have to worry about smudges that can be easily wiped off.

12. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I wish the black one had the glossy surface like the white one I might have put consideration into getting that one.

But I enjoy the white very much more then having any aluminum or a different color. white looks so modern ya know and a clean look, plus no fingerprints....lovely lol:D