Do new watches get delivered to Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ZestyOne, Oct 6, 2017.

1. ZestyOne macrumors regular

ZestyOne

I casually walked into an apple store near me and saw they had a few LTE watches, none of which I liked. I changed my mind, and came back a few hours later and they were all gone.

I was deceived into thinking they were quite available, because after that I had someone tell me they wouldn't get anymore until November 8.... what??

I asked several apple reps if they get regular incoming shipments and they said they do, which contradicts the info that they get one major shipment.

Which is true? I was going to just keep going by the apple store every day at 10AM to try to catch a new shipment.

2. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68010

KarimLeVallois

Use https://www.istocknow.com/ to notify you when the watch you want is in stock in your nearest store. I did this and saved me a 4-5 week wait...

3. Breezygirl macrumors 6502a

Breezygirl

I find the Apple site mostly unreliable for when something will be available again in store. It will say things like November 8th for pickup and then when you check next day it will show they have stock available now or have stock when you walk in.

I used istocknow as well, it’s the best way to find when something comes available or going to store around opening.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Every store is different, but they receive random stock of models and its usually never the same configuration.

It's like the AirPod situation, many would just try to walk into an Apple store and hopefully they would have some available. Apple typically receives shipments almost every day with AirPods, but they were so popular, they were mediately sold out.