Do newer MBPr still have white spots?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chancer, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Chancer macrumors newbie

I bought my MBPr in mid August and was pretty happy with my first Mac. Two days later I noticed a white spot, just like many of you have reported here on the forums. I went back to the store and they replaced it.

Now, after about 2 months, two new white spots appeared on my new MBPr, one about the same size as in the first Mac, and another smaller, really hard to find.

I know some times the fabrication process gets better over time, and most of the reports I've read are from August or prior to that, and a few from September. Do the newer MacBooks (bought from Sep on), in majority, also have that problem or they were able to fix it?

Is it still possible to get it replaced after 2 months? Or at least get the screen replaced? What do you recommend me to do?

Code:
    Screen info:
    Color LCD
    LSN154YL01001
    DLM221302JSF49HAT

2. wiznet macrumors regular

Your Apple Care (assuming you didn't buy extra/didn't receive extra from payment method) has you up for a year. Take it in if it has an issue.

The panels now are the same as they were before. Mine is from release date, and it's perfectly fine.

3. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

My rMBP [ Samsung screen ] is July built, and so far so good... I'm not even sure what white spots you're talking about..

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

My
    Rmbp seems to have silver or some sort of grey color all over. Should I take it in?

5. Chancer thread starter macrumors newbie

Google results. Just take a quick look over the first results, you will understand what I'm talking about.