Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
I just got one at Best Buy Mobile and it has a horrible flash reflection. Whatever color the case is, when you take pictures with flash it will show up in the picture and overexpose it.

Will wait until the Seidio case is out and then return it.

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
I just got one at Best Buy Mobile and it has a horrible flash reflection. Whatever color the case is, when you take pictures with flash it will show up in the picture and overexpose it.

Will wait until the Seidio case is out and then return it.

Easily rectified with a dremel or file.

I love the fit and feel of this case, so I didn't want to return it.

Made these mods and it's fine now.

You have to paint over the exposed plastic with a black marker or nail polish, but works fine.

I may take some time to make it a little rounder, but I'm just not that picky.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

artofdesign

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2008
I have that case, issue is very minor but true.
however the case remains to be the best fitting case i've seen yet for the iP4.(havent seen them all obviously)

oplix

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
the issue is not minor. I have to fork over $30 to fix the reception issue only to find out it breaks my flash. No thanks. Also if you feel like ghetto-fabbing your ip4 then I'm afraid you are alone in the matter.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
the issue is not minor. I have to fork over $30 to fix the reception issue only to find out it breaks my flash. No thanks. Also if you feel like ghetto-fabbing your ip4 then I'm afraid you are alone in the matter.
Wow, people disagree with you and you get all snitty. You're the one that's 'alone in the matter'.

gnortenjones

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008

I don't know, I think the expression "The perfect is the enemy of the good" applies here.

slothy420

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010

I would expect that for a $30 case, one would not have to take a power tool to it in order to make it function properly. Maybe that's just me and oplix, though.

SAPPete

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
I would expect that for a $30 case, one would not have to take a power tool to it in order to make it function properly. Maybe that's just me and oplix, though.

I would expect that for a $300 phone, one would not have to buy a case in order to make it function properly.

Seewutididther ?

No need to be a dick when somebody offers a workaround (oplix, not you).

Goodfella3.2

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I purchased the blue one as well and the flash is not at all usable with this case. Everything comes out blue. I'm prob. going to drop by best buy and see if they have anything else before I decide to mod it.

Have any of you had any luck getting the invisible shield & this case to work?

pikkashoe

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Wow I just tried this on my luxe blue case.

Same exact thing happens with mine. Blue tinge to everything in the picture with flash.

I agree with others on here that for $30, the case should be perfect.
Im not sure If I will return it or not at this time, since I like the case so much.

What would be a good comparable replacement?

pikkashoe

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Ok, need to change my mind about this.

I got my Steinheil Crystal screen protector, and unfortunately, with this case, it doesnt allow the screen protector to install.

The case fits so tightly to the phone that it doesnt allow the protector to sit correctly.

So, before I cut up the case, I am going to return it.

Anyone know if I can return the case with just a receipt and no box?

Im going to order the incipio feather and use the screen protector.

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta

Well, you're a douchebag.

1. I was trying to offer you a solution that works if by chance you couldn't take the case back. I guess a simple "thank you for the suggestion, but it's not for me" would've killed you.

2. Drama queen....I'm not "ghetto-fabbing" my iPhone (ip4...really?), I'm ghetto-fabbing the case. And once I'm done with it, I assure you you'd be hard pressed to tell it's not factory.

So f you and your problem...seems like with your attitude, you deserve what you get. I was just trying to be helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.