Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I saw this app in appsniper and thought it sounded to good to be true. Free texting iPhone to iPhone using the phones phone number and each iPhone must have ipushit installed.

Well I downloaded it and put it on mine and my wifes iPhones. We share se account so I paid for it once- not doing anything dishonest as this is how it's suppose to work.

Well every time I send her a message I get message NOK:Empty Token.

Maybe because I only paid for it once or it just does not work. If it has to be brought for each phone then how are the 1000's with the same account suppose to use it? It says nothing about this though.

Considering I paid for something which died not work I am not happy.

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

What an amusing app name.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

What an amusing app name.

The first time I read the name I didn't read it as i push it.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Yes But amusing name or not the b#%^^y thing doesn't work.

This is where the app store is flawed as I paid for something which does not work as claimed. I submitted a complaint using the app report a problem and posted a bad review but how do I ge my money back?

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
Yes But amusing name or not the b#%^^y thing doesn't work.

This is where the app store is flawed as I paid for something which does not work as claimed. I submitted a complaint using the app report a problem and posted a bad review but how do I ge my money back?
work overtime

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
It was only published in the appstore today, there could be a number of problems causing this error. Why not speak to the developer first

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
It was only published in the appstore today, there could be a number of problems causing this error. Why not speak to the developer first
I would love to but the app isn't even listed on their website.

I reported a problem. Sorry but that is no excuse. If its not sorted it shouldn't be on sale. OK its only a few $ but this is probably the fifth app Iv'e been dissapointed enough in to want a refund.

Look if this works it will be huge as it promises free iphone to iphone PUSH texting.

Beejive is too unreliable, another one I would want a refund if it was possible.

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England

I know when I first read it I thought it was I pu..... brightened my day up :)

NewMacGirl

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2007
I think the people who post in this app store forum are mostly developers trying to plug their own apps or support fellow developers.

The attitude amazes me! Oh its only a few dollars so get over it!! This is not the point.

It is always oh the developer is trying etc. This is of course nonsense. Why defend something which this guy has paid for but doesn't seem to work?

I am also fed up with apps which just do not deliver.

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I think the people who post in this app store forum are mostly developers trying to plug their own apps or support fellow developers.

The attitude amazes me! Oh its only a few dollars so get over it!! This is not the point.

It is always oh the developer is trying etc. This is of course nonsense. Why defend something which this guy has paid for but doesn't seem to work?

He didn't try to contact the developer or anything... Can't say either is at fault until you know more information. Is it a bum app? Probably; however, if no actions are taken to remedy the problem, how does one expect to get it fixed?

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008

Erm. I'm not a developer nor in any way associated with the developer. I just think thats its possible that an unavoidable problem has caused this to happen and that before telling everyone NOT to download it, they should at least try and get a reasonable answer from the developer.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm pretty sure the developer created this app as an elaborate practical joke, just to get 'ipushit' on the front page of as many phones as possible.

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Call me old-fashioned, but I'll just add a text message plan so I know it will work. :D

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Has anyone got this to work yet as I would like to try it out.

I would love it to work but no nothing all day.

I have emailed the developers Logiware GMBH- I will let you know if I get a reply

It uses phone numbers so I don't understand how it is suppose to be free.

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
The developer has emailed me . I have to provide them with some info.

I really want this app to work as it promises free texting between iphones.

If it works I will post a thread raving how good it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.